We have released VPOP3 v8.1which you can download from http://www.pscs.co.uk/products/vpop3/download.
This is a free upgrade for all users who have active software maintenance or priority support on 7th March 2021. Other users can purchase the upgrade and 1 year of software maintenance on our website.
The main change of v8.0 from v7.x is a totally rewritten Webmail user interface. The old Webmail is still available in case of problems, but on the old Webmail login page, there is a link to the new Webmail which we recommend to be used whenever possible. The old Webmail will be discontinued at some point in future releases.
- VPOP3 AV 1.1.0 is installed if VPOP3 Antivirus is selected
- Add HTTP ‘Post’ function to Lua scripting
- Fix problem with SPF ‘a’ check with HUGE A DNS records
- New Webmail doesn’t send messages if SMTP service isn’t bound to 127.0.0.1:25
- Optimise IMAP4 Fetch with multiple BODY queries
- For List welcome messages, fix problem where sender is always in the default domain
- Add Lua SSH functions
- Fix problem where check for DB backup executable directory is valid does not work properly if it is not in the default location
- Update Lua version from 5.2 to 5.4
- Fix Quota message to make it clearer who it’s intended for if there are assistants involved
- Installer uses ICACLS instead of CACLS to set file permissions
- Upgrade OpenSSL libraries to 1.1.1g
- Upgrade PostgreSQL version to v10 (latest version with 32-bit Windows support)
- Fix problem with password setting entry if illegal characters are entered
- Fix Outqueue ‘size’ display in Admin settings – was displaying message count instead of size
- Some temporary files not being deleted correctly