We are proud to announce that we are now an authorised partner for the Altaro backup solutions.
We have been using Altaro Hyper-V Backup on our own Hyper-V servers for many years and decided we would like to sell this solution to our customers as we think it is a great way to keep your Hyper-V virtual machines safe.
Altaro Hyper-V Backup comes in three editions:
- Free edition – this allows you to backup up to 2 virtual machines on a single host
- Standard edition – this allows you to backup up to 5 virtual machines on a single host (£245 + VAT)
- Unlimited edition – this allows you to backup an unlimited number of virtual machines on a single host, and also includes Microsoft Cluster (CSV) support (£380 + VAT)
Note that the above pricing is per host, not per CPU or socket.
Altaro Hyper-V Backup has some great features such as
- Backup versioning (with deltas, to save disk space)
- Being able to restore sandbox versions of backups to check them before restoring a full version
- Being able to restore clones of virtual machines without having to overwrite the original version
- Being able to restore to a different host
- Being able to restore individual files from a backup
- Compression & encryption
- Hot backups (you don’t need to stop or pause the virtual machine)
- Linux backups. If you have a Linux virtual machine, you can make a “crash consistent” backup, without having to stop the virtual machine.
- Offsite backups. Hyper-V Backup can replicate your backups to another location over the Internet using “WAN Acceleration”
We wholeheartedly recommend Altaro Hyper-V Backup if you are using Hyper-V on your servers. It works great with our VPOP3 software.
You can download a fully functional trial version for 30 days here, and you can buy it online at our website now, or contact us on 01484 855801 for more information.
We also sell the Altaro BackupFS solution for individual servers or desktop PCs.